Sunday, March 16, 2008

In preparation of watching season five of the wire

The Wire Season Five has completed and i am now in the process of downloading Season Five using bittorrent. I would have paid for it legally as i actually looked for a paid download service. Not going to wait for the DVD's as that is to long.

For me the wire is not something that you can wait every week for the next episode, you need to watch it in a few sittings like reading a book, that is why i have waited until the season 5 finished before i will watch it. I have actually stopped reading articles and podcasts concerning the wire until i have finished watching season five.

Yesterday I spent nearly four hours waiting for the download of episode one to complete as the torrents are screwing up our firewall. That is how how much value I put into the wire. As blogged before the wire is my favourite tv show of all time.

Interesting that the ratings for the show are very low and the highest rated season is with the dockworkers which had predominantly white characters. I think this show will be used as educational material when discussing parts of american society.

i have been following obama at daily kos which has been fascinating. For me its amazing that nearly all people that i ask here, are clinton supporters and I cant convince them otherwise.

If the wire is a true reflection of the ills of american society then you would think that an obama type candidate would be the best one going forward i.e practical and tries to bring all sides together.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, sorry to post this here but I can't find an email address to contact you on. Your blog came up when I googled "Fiji" and "wrestlemania". Basically, I'm headed to Fiji in a couple of days and have been madly emailing FijiTV and resorts asking if and where I will be able to catch Wrestlemania 24 while I am there to no avail. I am yet to receive any word from anyone. Are you able to shed any light on this for me? You can contact me on lukaburb(a)hotmail.com so we don't junk up your blog. Thanks in advance.

1:22 am  
Blogger George said...

Can see it on Sky Pacific, its a pay per view of $20 FJD

1:07 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you sir, much more efficient than my other enquiries.

After I posted the above last night I went and read through a lot of your blog. Your posts about technology and politics from the perspective of someone living in Fiji is fascinating reading. You are an excellent blogger, keep it up.

1:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home