Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Stories to understand Reality


An insight that I have learnt from Jordan Peterson is that he uses stories to explain complex ideas.  As I find it hard to understand abstract ideas unless I have some frame to understand it and the best way to do that is through a narrative process that is within my frame of understanding.

I have been watching Westworld and Humans tv series and it has given me more depth to my understanding of reality.  So I come to a realisation of how stories, movies and songs have been an effective way to increase our understanding of our reality and pass on important information between groups and generations of people.


The main purpose of this post is to deconstruct my understanding of the kiksuya episode of Westworld. The episode follows the concept of us going through many lives and follows similar principles of reincarnation, but people living their lives without free will. Also brings in the concept of having soul mates. Kiksuya goes through many travels in search of meaning but it's only through death that he is able to see behind the door.  Once we are dead we won't have any frame of reference in that world so will be very confusing. My understanding now is the closest to be able to understand it is through psychedelic experiences mainly DMT.

I also understand that experiences around me seems to be nudging me towards an awakening. Still not sure what that means and if it's important.  After watching the second season of humans and seeing how synthetics are being awakened is groups. If we are represented as synthetics with no free will then who are our masters?

Anyway its fascinating to me that it's only through narratives that I am able to get a better understanding of what is happening around me.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home