Monday, May 28, 2018

Ego and Identity


I am starting to believe that we are all connected in a collective consciousness similar to Jung's theory except that it's not just a species but with most living organisms. My rationale for this came about in the last few years when trying to understand what is consciousness

What differentiates us in the collective is our ego. The main reason I believe this is the stories when people take 5-Meo-DMT how they say its an ego death and they become one with the universe. Once they come down from their trip their ego starts to trick them about the trip and this reality.

I believe the ego's main function is individual seeking to be known and acknowledged. As long as there are you and me there is a singular perspective, Ego is individual. Identity is how we perceive other people perceiving us where ego is more how we want to be perceived by other people perceiving us. A lot of the anxiety that we face is when the perception that the ego has of us doesn't match the reality that we are facing.

Yesterday came to the realisation that if we live in a simulation the main purpose would be in social interaction with others and meeting the needs of the ego. This realisation arrived when I found that our multi-generational who lives together, no longer experiences things together as before. So now we are all in our own worlds with Tv, Netflix, ESPN or other apps on the phone. As it is a distraction from meeting the needs of our ego or meets our ego in virtual ways.

VR technology is becoming very advanced. I expect that in my lifetime, we will get VR experiences that are nearly indistinguishable from reality. Going forward I think one of the experience will be in acquiring physical social interactions.

Reminds me of why I thought people living in our village where much happier than us in the City. I now realise that they spend most of their time working together as a community and family. So their ego's are constantly being known and acknowledged. The ego's expectations were also not widely inflated by the environment.

So for me, the main purpose of ego is to put us in situations to get social acknowledgements where us to find the person playing you. Get to know your self.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home