Sunday, February 19, 2006

2006 NBA Slam Dunk Contest

Just came back from a picnic in time to watch the 2006 NBA slam Dunk Contest.The Dunk contest has been outside my radar for a long time. In fact the only winners I can remember since Jordan's era was Kobe Bryant, Vince Carter and Jason Richardson.

A few weeks ago I blogged about the NBA shortest players so I was interested in 5-9 Nate Robinson taking part and all I can say is wow me and my kids were on our feet for the finals. I was going to say that it is back but you cant have 13 goes to get a dunk.


Andre Iguodala completed the best dunk in Slam Dunk history and that is from a person who had jordans dunk framed in our family living room. Iverson bounced the ball behind the backboard in which Iguodala caught the ball behind the backboard and then dunked it while ducking his head not to hit the bottom of the backboard. Nate followed with a slam over spudd webb then it went downhill from there. Nate Robinson ended up winning with a dunk after 13 tries, dunk was good but 13 goes!!. Even though Nate was the crowd favourite the crowd and the players new that Iguadoal should have won it.


The Dunk Contest exceeded my expectations which is always a good thing

2 Comments:

Blogger Richie said...

Thanks for checking out my blog. Unfortunately I didn't have time to check out the All-Star events on Saturday because my daughter was playing in her basketball league and we spent some time together after that. I don't get to see her often so that took precedence, although I know she would have enjoyed doing that also.

6:41 pm  
Blogger twins15 said...

Yes, Iguodala's dunk was amazing. Combine that with his lob behind-the-back dunk, and well, I think he was robbed. Although I do have to say that Robinson's dunk over Spud Webb was unbelieveable. All in all, an entertaining slam dunk contest.

3:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home