Thursday, February 02, 2006

2006 Acadamy Awards Best Picture

After the nominations of Brokeback Mountain for the 2006 Academy Awards. I was trying to think of the last time I watched the Best Piture winner. I was looking through the list of past oscar best picture winners and found that I have watched all the 70's winners, I missed two of the 80's, two of the 90's and so far three in 2000's where I am not to sure that I will watch Brokeback Mountain.

So either my tastes have changed or what is being chosen is becoming irrelevant to me. I cant remember the Last time I watched the oscars but I can remember watching the Grammies and I am much more intersted in movies then music.

The following are the winners of Academy Awards best picture in the last eleven years.

Million Dollar Baby (2004)
Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, The (2003)
Chicago (2002)
Beautiful Mind, A (2001)
Gladiator (2000)
American Beauty (1999)
Shakespeare in Love (1998)
Titanic (1997)
English Patient, The (1996)
Braveheart (1995)
Forrest Gump (1994)

Also nominated for best picture in 2006 were the biopic Capote, Paul Haggis' Angeleno ensemble piece Crash, the Edward R. Murrow chronicle Good Night, and Good Luck and Steven Spielberg's assassination thriller, Munich.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jake Silver said...

well at least i have seen all movies from the last 11 years and i liked them all.

6:19 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked Beautiful Mind, Titanic, English Patient, Braveheart and Forrest Gump. Don't think I'll watch Brokeback Mountain. Two cowboys in lerv - no thanks. Gladiator too violent. American Beauty - couldn't get into it. Even Lord of the Rings isn't my sort of film! I like chick flicks best!

9:04 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home