Saturday, July 10, 2010

Memorial to Robin

Ten years ago my brother Robin died in a tragic tractor accident in Lakomai Resort Fiji. Robin was 31 years old and was Married to Sala and has two boys Jordan and Andrew.





Robin was born in Ba Methodist in 1969 then move to Labasa for one Year. From Labasa went to Swan Hill in Australia were attended class one in Swan Hill Primary. From Swan Hill Robin moved to Hopetoun where he finished primary school. Hopetoun was one of the best places you could ever grow up as a child and made use of all facilities and organisations in Hopetoun i.e Football, Tennis, Cricket, Cubs, Church Youth Group, Lake, Swimming pool and our huge back yard..

In the early eighties we then moved to Geelong and Robin attended Geelong high School and that is where I remember seeing Robin with his best friends Tony and Ben. Ben is now a brother to me and Andrew.

Robin had an active life in High School where he was a good footballer for Thomson and then Geelong Amateurs. Me and Robin both played a lot of tennis and we had some great tennis matches against each other. While in School he took Ben to Fiji which is a pretty different experience from Australian way of life from those trips Ben and Robin had legendary trips to Fiji.

After high school Robin went to Deakin but Computer Science was not for him and he ended up working and supported me through University. His life revolved a lot around Aussie Rules, work and having fun. One year he won the best player award from Geelong Advertiser in which we were very proud of him.

After high school is when we started playing basketball. One final against an undefeated team we watched Jordan's come fly with me before the game to get motivated and in the final minute we were behind and instead of giving it to our best player for the shot, we set up a play to pass to Ben who took it strong to the hole for the win and the title. Best thing about the win is because me, Robin, Andrew and Ben were all in the same team and the team we beat was undefeated.



Robin then came to Fiji where he worked as a barman at some of the best resorts in Fiji and had an amazing life. Then Robin met Sala who is exactly the right person for Robin and they were married in 1997. Robin and Sala have two wonderful boys Jordan and Andrew who are now living with me.


Robin died July 10th 2000



I still have not got over Robin's death but know his spirit is still with us and he still lives through Andrew and Jordan.

2 Comments:

Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Thank you George for posting this story, though it is painful to recall the tragedy, we all remember the good times and the personality of Robin.
W.

5:16 pm  
Blogger Self Sagacity said...

george, thanks for visiting my blog a while ago regarding the Google Page Rank. I finally get around to visiting your blog, don't know why I didn't think of it. Dufus me. My father was killed in a car accident, left my mom behind for 24 years now. Needless to say I was fatherless for a long time...I understand your loss. Although you've nicely articulated the post. Look forward to visiting again.

11:48 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home