Sunday, February 19, 2006

Top reasons Geeks make good fathers

Digg link on why Geeks make good fathers. I consider myself geeky so I have put my comments on the list from the link.

1. The Geek is really more of a Man-Child than an adult. In their minds, they are still 10. They still like to play with toys and never grow up.
I am still young at heart and can easily get into games my kids play.

2. VIDEO GAMES. Due to the whole Man-Child thing as stated in #1, the Geek loves video games.
I actually networked our computer and two notebooks so me and my kids could play multiplayer games

3. MATH. A huge plus here. No matter how old they get, they can still help with the math homework
Not sure about this because my son didnt do well in his math, probably because I didnt help him with his homework

4. SMART KIDS. Smart Geeks make smart children.
Doesnt apply to me.

5. UP ON TECHNOLOGY. The beautiful thing about having a Geek for a parent is that you aren't wondering what your children are doing online. You *KNOW* what they are doing online and you can limit it if necessary.
This is true I know what to check on the internet and what filter settings to turn on/off

6. SCIENCE FAIR PROJECTS. Children of the Geeks always have the coolest science fair projects.
Jordan has his first project this year, so we will see, whatever it will be, it will be cool

7. TOY ASSEMBLY. You will never, ever have to spend six hours of your life, that you will never get back, trying to assemble some 2,000 piece toy at 3 am on Christmas Eve again.
I can usually assemble toys but am hopeless with cars or home appliances

8. GADGETS. Never again will you have to wonder what that new electronic toy is that all the kids have. In fact, your Geek will probably already own it.
Applies to me, I was one of the first people in fiji to actively wear an MP3 player

9. SMART IS COOL. Having a Geek for a father instills the message into your children that smart is cool.
Actually more of a sports nut so being good in sports is more cool.




The negatives are discipline, focus and quality time. Like jordan is constantly saying why am I spending so much time on the internet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home