Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Toyota Rav4 in the Pacific

My first car was a ford cortina which myself and robin bought it off my friend who used to joke the car stereo system was more expensive then the car.

The next car I had was my current company car which is a Toyota RAV4. Actually I had a break from driving of more the ten years. The break meant I had to reapply for my license. The renewal of my Drivers license is a very long depressing story which I will post about later.

At work I had a choice of around six vehicles where the other cars were Honda CRV’s and Xtrail. My boss has 4wd BMW.

I have driven the RAV4 in fiji’s backroad for my Aunties one hundred nights. The function was in Ra and we travelled through the kings road. The road really needs a 4wd so the RAV4 was perfect and you need nerves to drive through the single lane bridges with no railings at night.

My father actually said the Toyota RAV4 was one of the best vehicles he has driven in Fiji. He was actually one of the first indigenous Fijians to own a vehicle in the early 1970’s. It was a volkswagon and it good to see that volkswagon sales are up.

He used to ride a motorcycle until he met my mum. You don’t usually see Methodist ministers riding motorcycles, especially more then 30 years ago.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I laughed when I read about your cars George. Do tell the story of bureacratic carry-on in Fiji about getting a license. By the way the red motorcycle days was in 1966 and he wouldn't let me ride it. He was a bit shy those days. Then he bought a Volkswagon D125. Remember when we almost bumped that red cow near Ba and the Chinese guy got so mad, but when he realised the driver was a talatala he invited us all to his home and gave us afternoon tea!

9:35 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home