Friday, January 06, 2006

Tatupu misses out on defensive rookie of the year

Shawne Merriman's relentless style of play made an immediate mark in the NFL, earning him The Associated Press Defensive Rookie of the Year award.

Merriman had 28.5 votes compared to Tatupu's who was second with 16.5.

For me Seattle defense improved more then San diega's defense and Tatupu's influence had a bigger factor on the defence so I would have picked Tatupu as rookie defensive player of the year.

What has been the biggest change in the current Seattle team compared to last years team. I would argue the defense's improvement but if you do that then how can you argue for Shaun Alexander getting the MVP.

1 Comments:

Blogger George said...

The link below explains that tatupu situation better then me and also has a good post on scoop jackson who I think is an old school black sports writer.

11:18 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home