Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Google Motorola Mobility

Google purchasing Motorola Mobility is seen a a defensive move in terms of patent wars.

Motorola, Inc  was an American-based, multinational, telecommunications company based in Schaumburg, Illinois, which was split into two independent public companies, Motorola Mobility and Motorola Solutions on January 4, 2011. Motorola Solutions is the profitable part of the company.

I have had a mobile phone since the late nineties and my motorola Razr was one of my favorite phones.

Most articles that I have read has said that this is a good move by Google and it will be interesting to see what happens going forward. Hard to predict the worth when my gut keeps telling me that an economic meltdown is coming and not sure how patent's will be worth going forward.

An another factor in western decline is how the enforcement of copyright and patent laws has not added value to society but holding back innovation. So the 12 billion that Google spends on Motorola could have been used to employ more people in new green technologies.


1 Comments:

Blogger rocketsciencesense said...

Excellent post, I remember reading a magazine article about how the patent system in the US needs an overhaul. I think Lucent and IBM own something like 90% of patents. It has been total pervert from its original intent of protecting the rights of individual inventors.

4:22 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home