Monday, April 17, 2017

Meditation and the Senses

I have been meditating on and off for nearly one year. I follow the concept of mindfulness which is the psychological process of bringing one's attention to the internal and external experiences occurring in the present moment.

At first, it didn't feel right as thought meditating about issues in your life seemed like the logical thing to do but with further reading I realised that one of biggest issues I face is to be continually distracted. So no time to be bored and thinking about nothing. Also, there was good research on how mindful meditation helps cognition. Sometimes when meditating can actually feel my brain rewiring its neurons and thus expanding.

My understanding now if we are trying to get an understanding of the present moment we should be able to link into all our senses at the same time. I was originally taught the five senses (sight, sound, touch, taste, smell) but now know there are many others like temperature, balance, ph level, the position of limbs, orientation, time and biological senses. Even when looking at these senses you can break it down even further like for sound you can think about the pitch, timbre, and loudness. So there is plenty of feedback loops to lock into when doing mindful meditation. What I will be trying to do is trying to process as many senses as I can in one go so get a holistic feeling of myself when meditating.

My current understanding of how meditation changes our reality is also similar to prayer, affirmations and what I used to do which is just think about stuff very intensely. I feel that mindful meditation increase the power of how you can change your reality. Now there is science to back up that concept which is shown below



Which brings me why am writing again as I am on a path to understanding my reality and writing about it clarify my thoughts and expands my understanding of the topics. What I will be mainly looking at is consciousness

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home