Wednesday, May 10, 2006

2006 Socer World Cup Power Rankings Australia

As the world cup is nearing I am going to write about the top 10 teams in the 2006 Soccer world cup with a focus on the Autralian Team.

The following is my ranking for the 2006 World Cup and will continuelly update my rankings and we get closer to the world Cup.

1. Germany
A Northern hemisphere team wins the World Cup in the northern hemisphere

Germany usually overachieves in world cups with two of the best goal keepers in the world, I am guessing Germanies defense will be the key to their success.

Soccer as a sport has the best home field advantage so I am choosing Germany as the Northern Hemisphere team to be the number one ranked team on the 2006 world cup

2. Brazil
Easily the best team in the field but will go with the streak and expect them to lose in the final. Have the best player in the world in Ronaldhino. I have got a bad feeling about the new coach as I will always go for a champion team against a team of champions

3. England
One of my favourite teams and I like the choice of the 17 year kid. Should make the finals then find a way to lose to the eventual winner

4. Australia
I will be beating heavily on Australia making the quarterfinals solely based on Australians experience in overachiing in world cups eg Rugby

5. USA
Soccer has had another four years of being able to choose from the majority of youths from the USA. Even though USA has been underchieving in Basketball, Baseball and Hockey I think Soccer will be different.

6. Argentina
They will be in the mix somewhere as they have some of the best players in the world and have had some hard luck in the last few world cups.

7. Italy
Italy qualified easily for the World Cup and have a very good side.

8. Mexico
In my opinion USA is underrated which means Mexico is also underrated.
Mexico has a good chance to make the quartefinals

9. Netherlands
Marco Van Basten has turned his back on some of the big-name overseas stars and their egos and opted for a policy of choosing talented home-based youngsters. I am one that like team based approach so Netherlands get extra rankings for that.

10. France
Veteran team of name players that on paper look very good. Could be a northern hemisphere dark horse.

3 Comments:

Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Did you hear the news about Wendell Sailor, George? Oops, he's rugby, not soccer eh! He's in trouble over a cocaine test, and maybe he'll lose his career, his money, his sponsorships. On this morning's news in Oz
W.

10:58 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This website has atrocious spelling mistakes all across the board.

Including the title of this post.

Please do something about this.

Thanks!

Bill Pullman and the Grammar Patrol.

2:30 am  
Blogger George said...

Bet a weeks salary on Australia making the second round and Germany winning the world cup. Won on Australia but lost on Germany, come out ahead but pretty trajic loss for Germany.

The Australia/Croatia game will go down in my to five sporting moments. How good would Australia be if Ausssie rules players played soccer.

Italy should win the world cup as they have not let an opponent score a goal against them.

Remind myself never to bet on a team I despise but I do like klinsman though.

12:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home