Saturday, June 10, 2006

Ethanol in Australia

Just found an interesting article on Ethanol Australia will ask shareholders to help fund its planned $60 million alternative fuels plant at Swan Hill.

Australia's first totally grain-fed ethanol plant will convert up to 300,000 tonnes of Victorian grain, mostly high-starch barley, into a fuel for blending with petrol.


My Uncle was a wheat farmer in Australia and I spend my primary schoold years in a small wheat town so I really hope this works. The main criteria is that fuel prices should stay at the current prices or increase.



The only way I can see the oil pricess drop is if new engines are found that are significantly more fuel efficient

In my opinion ethanol is exploding and the tipping point has been reached for a large number of consumers to start thinking about purchasing cars that run on ethanol.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home