2006 NBA Finals Preview
NBA Finals have started and might as well add my predictions. I havent really followed Basketball much this year mainly just comments from PTI, Around the Horn, Sportscentre and the Internet. I gave up on my Fantasy basketball team after Artest was suspended and Yao ming got injured.
I am not going to go through all the teams just state who I think the final four will be.
So what has changed from last year
- Pistons seem stronger and the Heat weaker,
- Spurs stronger but Duncan is injured,
- Mavericks kept the same team and Avery and Dirk have both improved
- Sun lost a lot of players but Nash still seems to be the foundation
- Kobe is on fire and Jackson has got the rest of the Lakers to support him
- Lebron is continuing his path to another level
- Carmelo is trying to displace Horry as the person to ice teams in the final minutes.
- Dwayne Wade is now confirmed as my favourite player
I have always blogged about team chemistry as what is going to get you a championship so that knocks out Kobe, Lebron, Vince, Arenas and Carmelo's team.
From what I remember the best NBA teams in the finals that follow the team structure that I think is important are Suns, Mavericks, Pistons, Clippers and maybe the Heat (Depends on Walker and Payton).
So four of above teams should make it into the final four where I hope the Mavericks end up winning the NBA Championship. I have always like avery and think Cuban gets it as an NBA owner.
I am very interested in the first round in the NBA playoffs which I havent been in a number of years. It also seems to happen every year that people are writing about the demise of Shaq before the finals. I am predicting that Shaq will do well in the finals.