Saturday, December 10, 2005

Joy Ali vs Javier Mamani

I used to be the secretary to Fiji Boxing and Wrestling Association and one of the first promoters I a gave a license to was Feroz who is promoting one of the biggest fights in Fiji's History. I also know Joy Ali well during that time.

I wish Joy Ali well in his fight tonight and hope there is going to be good crowd.

The decline of Boxing is well known and the main factors are well documented i.e corruption, to many associations and only showing fights on pay per view.

I actually think one of the main reasons was Wrestlemania and hulk hogan. We now have a whole generation of potential boxing fans that are into wrestling who probably would have been boxing fans. So the majority of boxing fans are the ones that followed it pre 1990's

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi my name is vineel, i have known waisele serevi, as my idol and Joy ali as my colleague who plays soccer with me.i would like to wish him all the best to him.he may be amused who m i? but my anme is Bhajia.........

1:32 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi my name is vineel, i have known waisele serevi, as my idol and Joy ali as my colleague who plays soccer with me.i would like to wish him all the best to him.he may be amused who m i? but my anme is Bhajia.........

1:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home